September 23 is significant for many reasons. Julie talks about her near death experience in September of 2004 and its significance related to the September 2017 planetary alignment.
Julie’s phone guest delineates much of his research on Revelation 12, and the Time, Times, and Half a time doctrine regarding the timing of historic and future events. He and Julie discuss Revelation 12, and the curious sun, moon, and star arrangements on the sides of LDS temples, and the significance of trumpets.
Revelation 12 is a rich and layered prophecy, with many interpretations. Some suggestions are provided in this episode. As the sun sets on 9/23/2017 in North America
Eric walks the listeners through the doctrine of the Abrahamic Covenant and how it ties in to the Cities of Light foretold by Julie, which she witnessed during her 2004 Near Death Experience. Julie adds her unique witness of those doctrines along the way.
Julie and Eric discuss things they have learned concerning the Davidic Servant.
Eric provides scriptural insight into the three types of servants used by ancient Israel which are namely:
1) The Civic Leader, who was the king, judge, etc
2) The High Priest, who oversaw temple rites and rituals
3) Prophets/Teachers; those who held prophetic gifts
Julie shares what she has been shown in dream/vision, and that which has been confirmed to her through the law of witnesses. Research by Kingdom of ZION also validated some of what has been shown to Julie.
Julie shares her witness of the great latter-day work of gathering through missionary work in both the Telestial and Terrestrial churches of Christ.
Eric provides doctrinal support for the idea of missionaries being called home prior to and/or during the Tribulations.
Julie reviews some of what she sees in the official call to gather from the Lord's current servants.
Julie shares her witness of the important role of her church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, in her life. She discusses her status in the church, and her interaction with the First Presidency, and dispels a few myths surrounding her church experience.
Julie continues discussing some of what she sees during the tribulations, including her understanding of some of the unseen events surrounding the power of recent hurricanes. She compares the future to the past of WWII, Nazi Germany period.
Eric share's his dream from two years ago of a flood in Houston followed by a violent earthquake.
Eric lays a doctrinal foundation for The Tribulations - a biblical period of time of hardship designed to cleanse the earth in preparation for the Saviors Second Coming. Julie shares her witness of various events and doctrines during this important period of time.
1. Days According to the Lord
a. Day of the Gentiles - Columbus to present day (see 3 Nephi 16:6-7; Doctrine and Covenants 45:29; 3 Nephi 16:10-12; Isaiah 54:3)
b. The Day of Tribulation (Matthew 24:29; Doctrine and Covenants 29:8); “Days of Sorrow” (Doctrine and Covenants 136:35); “Abomination of Desolation”(Daniel 9:27; Daniel 11:31; Daniel 12:11; Mark 13:14; Doctrine and Covenants 84:117), “Great and Terrible Day of the Lord” (Joel 2:31; Malachi 4:5), “Day of the Lord”(Zephaniah 1:14; Amos 5:18; Jeremiah 46:10; Doctrine and Covenants 87:8; Joel 1:15); “The Time of the Heathen” (Ezekiel 30:3); “Day of the Lord’s Anger”(Zephaniah 2:3).
i. See also Ezra Taft Benson's talk on Tribulations here).
ii. We are under command to "[set] forth clearly and understandingly the desolation of abomination in the last days" (Doctrine and Covenants 84:117), or in other words, teach and understand the doctrine of the Tribulations!
c. The Millennial Day
2. How long is the Day of Tribulation?
a. 7 Years, but that is nowhere mentioned in scripture. You have to study the scriptures to figure it out. It consists of two 3.5 year periods; one is called 'tribulation', and the other is called 'desolation': Key verses: Daniel 12: 11-13; Revelation 11: 2-3; Revelation 12:6,14;
b. The two periods are pieced together in these verses. NOTE - Look for the words "Tribulation" and "Desolation":
i. D&C 29: 7-8 - "…to prepare their hearts and be prepared in all things against the day when tribulation and desolation are sent forth upon the wicked"
ii. Mathew 24:15-21 - When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place … For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be
3. When Will The Day of Tribulation Begin?
a. Doctrine and Covenants 112: 24-26 - "And upon my house shall it begin, and from my house shall it go forth, saith the Lord"
b. 1 Pet. 4:17-18 - "For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God? And if the righteous scarcely be saved, where shall the ungodly and the sinner appear?"
c. Matthew 24: 7-8 – “For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places. All these are the beginning of sorrows”
4. What will happen during the Day of Tribulation?
a. Natural disasters of every kind. The big earthquakes and signs in the heavens prophesied by many. 1/3 of earth's inhabitants will die.
i. Isaiah described this very point using six different metaphors:
1. Isaiah 1: 9 – The destruction before his Coming is likened to Sodom and Gomorah - only a few are spared
2. Isaiah 7: 22; Isaiah describes a few animals who are able to provide for the people because so few are left
3. Isaiah 10: 18-19; 2 Nephi 20 – The destruction of Assyria is a type of the destruction of the wicked at the Second Coming—Few people will be left after the Lord comes again
4. Isaiah 13:12 – Man is as scarce as fine gold at the Second Coming
5. Isaiah 24: 6 – Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left
6. Isaiah 24:13-14 – The few remaining men are compared to the gleaning of grapes and olives following a harvest
ii. Other latter day prophets:
1. Orson Pratt, JD, Vol 20. June 23, 1878. “What, only a few persons to be converted, only a few to receive the true Gospel, and be prepared for the coming of the Bridegroom; only a few people to escape this awful desolation? So says the Prophet Isaiah; that is, few in comparison to the great and numerous population of our globe.”
2. Bruce R. McConkie. The Millennial Messiah: 1982; PG 453. “Who shall count the number of dead bodies? The slain will be a third of the inhabitants of the earth itself, however many billions of people that may turn out to be.”
5. What is the Purpose of the Day of Tribulation?
a. Doctrine and Covenants 112: 24-26 - Because there are those among his covenant people who have "professed to know [his] name…, and have blasphemed against [him] in the midst of [his] house"
b. Purification / Sanctification
c. It is not physically or spiritually possible for Christ to rein on this earth in its current telestial condition. We must prepare the way and do our part to create the Terrestrial Kingdom: (See Doctrine and Covenants 88 to learn about the degrees of light and their associated laws, conditions, and kingdoms)